Digestive distress is common in everyone’s life. The changes in the meal pattern, consuming unhealthy products or certain lifestyle modification can affect gastric bodies in many ways. A few common digestive disorders which we may go through in everyday life are constipation, perianal infections, fissures, haemorrhoids, colon polyps, cancer to name a few. Yes! It is necessary to lead a healthy lifestyle, having good bowel habits, and frequent cancer screening to prevent striking of colon polyps and cancer.
Here in this article, let’s read through a few common gastrointestinal disorders and a few tips to manage the same. So, keep reading the post for more information.
What are the various causes of gastrointestinal disorders?
A few common causes of the gastrointestinal disease include:
- The less intake of fibrous foods
- Too much stress and anxiety may bring issues like inflammation in the digestive lining, bloating, appetite loss, changes in the gut bacteria, cramping etc.,
- Less fluid intake
- Poor lifestyle habits
- Experiencing stomach infections
- Ingesting more dairy foods and dairy products
- Hereditary factors
- Allergic to certain foods and food products
Common gastrointestinal disorders and ways to
1. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS):
IBS is a very common issue seen in most individuals which happen due to repeated contraction of large intestine muscles. Mostly women are more affected with IBS than men. A few common symptoms seen in individuals with IBS include gastritis, bloating, stomach pain, diarrhoea, and stomach cramps.
Tips to manage IBS:
- Consume more of fibrous foods
- Stay away from caffeinated drinks
- Speak to the dietician and frame out a diet chart for a healthy and a well-balanced meal
- Avoid foods that can trigger IBS symptoms
- Exercise regularly and get enough sleep
2. Acid reflux, heartburn, GERD:
GERD occurs when the acid from the stomach flows back into the oesophagus and irritates the lining of it. By using over-the-counter medications and surgery can help you ease the symptoms. The few common symptoms noticed are heartburn, chest pain, disrupted sleep and feeling of a lump in the throat, chronic cough, etc.
Tips to manage GERD, acid reflux, heartburn:
- Avoid hitting bed immediately after the dinner
- Take time to chew your food
- Avoid consuming the foods that trigger heartburn
- Stay away from alcohol and smoking
- Drink plenty of water
3. Abdominal pain syndrome:
Functional abdominal pain syndrome involves frequent or chronic pain caused by non-identifiable source. The pain can disturb your daily work routine and often worsen the symptoms if you are suffering from stress, infection, or traumatic events.
Tips to manage Abdominal pain syndrome:
- Follow mediation or relaxation technique to manage the stress
- Cognitive behavioural therapy may ease the symptoms
This is one of the frequently noticed gastrointestinal issues in individuals of all age groups. Person experience hard stools and painful bowel movements. Many reasons can invite gastrointestinal disorder and a few of them include:
- Intake of less fibrous foods
- Ignoring bowel movements even if it is urgent
- Certain medication
Tips to manage constipation:
- Drink enough water and include more fibrous rich foods in the diet
- Rehydrate your body naturally by drinking enough water
- Add exercises in your daily routine to increase free-stool movement
- Include more probiotic supplements in your diet
If the foods are not helping to ease your bowel issues, then over the counter medicines like bulking agents, laxatives, and stool softeners can help to bulk up the stool thereby increasing your bowel movements. But, never take the medicines without the doctor’s advice. You can buy OTC medicines online from any trusted online drugstore at the comfort of your home.
5. Peptic ulcers:
Peptic ulcers are the gastrointestinal disorder in which the sores or ulcers develop in the lining of the stomach. Several factors can invite peptic ulcers and a few of them include infection, aging, medication, etc. A healthy diet along with a healthy lifestyle can able to heal peptic ulcers along with the other medications. If you have severe symptoms like vomiting, pain in the abdomen and weight loss, then speak to the doctor as he or she can prescribe medications to ease the symptoms. Order prescription medicines like probiotics, antibiotics, H2 receptor blockers, or proton pump inhibitors from the best online pharmacy store and avail amazing medicine discount on every product you choose.
Tips to manage peptic ulcer:
- Add probiotics in your daily diet
- Take honey, turmeric powder, and aloe Vera juice
- Include ulcer-healing foods in the diet like garlic, leafy greens, blueberries, etc.