Accessing routerlogin.net web page is essential to set up a Netgear WiFi router as well as to change its settings. But a lot of users report that they are unable to access the default web address of their Netgear router. If you are also struggling with the same issue, here is the troubleshooting guide you need to follow. Read on.
Why Do You Need to Access Routerlogin?
Routerlogin not only allows you to set up your Netgear router but also it is a gateway to the following tasks:
- Change the admin password
- View router status
- Recover the admin password
- Monitor internet traffic
- Update the router firmware
- View devices currently connected to your network
- Remote management
- View and manage logs of router activity
- Create custom static routes
- Manage the router configuration file
How to Log in to Netgear Router?
One of the major reasons behind Netgear router login issues is that perhaps you might not be following the correct steps to access the web configuration page. So, here we have listed the complete instructions to access routerlogin.net web page:
- Put your Netgear WiFi router on power.
- Connect it to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- On your computer or laptop, pull up a web browser you often use.
- Visit the routerlogin.net web-based page.
- Insert the user ID and passphrase into the provided boxes.
- Hit the Log In button.
- And there you are! By following the aforementioned steps, you can easily log in to your Netgear WiFi router.
Unable to Access Routerlogin.net. What to Do?
Facing issues while accessing the router login web page even after applying the correct steps given above? If so, walk through the troubleshooting instructions highlighted below:
- Be certain that your Netgear WiFi router is turned on properly and getting fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket.
- Make sure that you are making use of the correct web address. There should not be any kind of typos. The correct web login address is routerlogin
- Delete the cache, cookies, and browsing history from the web browser you are using.
- Close unnecessary tabs from your web browser.
- Ensure that your Netgear router is properly connected to the modem.
- Another solution to access the Netgear WiFi router login web page in a hassle-free manner is to use 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 IP rather than the URL.
- In case you are connected to multiple networks simultaneously, the routerlogin.net page will not work.
- Check the web browser version you are using. Maybe the web browser is outdated due to which you are seeing error pop-ups. Let us tell you that the Netgear router login URL is not compatible with older web browser versions.
- Remember to turn off pop-up blockers, ad-blocking software, and firewalls to see whether any of these is causing problems.
- Reboot your Netgear WiFi router, modem, and connected devices.
- Update your Netgear WiFi router’s firmware to the latest version.
- Check the placement of your WiFi router. The router should be kept in the middle of your home.
- Do not place your Netgear router near interference-creating devices such as microwaves, refrigerators, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, and then some.
That’s how you can get rid of the routerlogin.net not working issue.