As gaming becomes more and more popular, gaming phones are also becoming a thing. These are smartphones made exclusively for providing a better gaming performance and experience.
Why do we need a separate gaming phone?
Graphically-intensive games can be tough to play on normal smartphones that we use in our daily lives. This is because most of today’s famous mobile games (namely, PUBG, Fortnite mobile, Clash of Clan, etc.) have complex graphics and are memory hungry. A simple 4GB RAM smartphone that works fine for applications like Instagram might start to lag while playing games. This is because the RAM in these smartphones is not adequate to handle such demanding games. Neither are the phone’s chipset and the GPU.
Ideal gaming phone
With the increasing popularity of streaming as a profitable career and sports tournaments with money in line, a lot of people are taking up gaming seriously. And this does not exclude mobile gaming. Here are a few features your gaming phone should have.
- RAM: Normal smartphones can have a RAM of 3 to 4GB, but that is not enough for playing demanding games. A phone with 6 to 8GB RAM is usually ideal for games to run smoothly on smartphones.
- Powerful processor: A good processor is essential to provide optimum gaming experience, and octa-core processors are what you should look for. Preferred processors are definitely the Qualcomm Snapdragon and the MediaTek Helio chipsets, that power your phone enough to take your gaming experience to another level.
- Good GPU: The capacity of the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is always integrated in the processor. A good GPU is always essential because these games have complex graphics.
- High refresh rate: Higher the refresh rate, more number of times the image in your screen changes in a second. Or, in other words, a 90 to 120Hz refresh rate can make sure the visuals on your screen are smooth, and you don’t miss out on anything.
- Powerful battery: Games like Clash of Clans and PUBG consume a lot of charge. So, a powerful battery also helps.
- Bigger and more touch-sensitive screen: Any screen bigger than 6 inches is what most gamers prefer. Also, a touch-sensitive display screen is ideal so that every touch is sensed by the display screen, and is responsive.
Also Read: Iphone Is Best To BuyRecommended gaming phones under Rs. 20,000
Here are a few gaming phones under Rs. 20,000 that are worth considering
- Poco X2: Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset, it is probably the best gaming phone under the Rs. 20,000 mark. The 8GB RAM is also ideal for gaming. Furthermore, it has an impressive refresh rate of 120Hz, which can be extremely useful while playing graphically-intensive games.
- Vivo Z1 Pro: The Vivo Z1 Pro comes with the Adreno 616 GPU that supports even the most complex of graphics in games without any fatigue. The phone also comes with a 6.5-inch display screen and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 chipset.
- Samsung Galaxy M31s: Powered by Samsung’s own processor, the Exynos 9611, the Samsung Galaxy M31s is also a good gaming phone, especially for playing games like Arena of Valor and PUBG. Its 6000mAh battery can last for hours, even while playing such demanding games.
The Poco M2 Pro and Realme 7 are two other smartphones that you can look into, if your budget is under Rs. 20,000.
Recommended gaming phones under Rs. 10,000
If you’re looking for gaming phones under the Rs. 10,000 mark, you can look into the following models.
- Oppo A12: It is one of the best smartphones under 10000 INR, and is powered by the Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 chipset that produces a maximum clock speed of 2.3GHz, which makes it one of the best gaming phones you can purchase.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7: Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset, along with the Adreno 512 GPU, this is one of the best phones you can find, for playing graphically-intensive games like PUBG.
- Realme 5i: The Realme 5i comes with an even better GPU in the form of the super-efficient Adreno 610. It also has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor powering it, which translates to the better overall performance of the smartphone.
Other smartphones under Rs. 10,000 that can work as great gaming phones are the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2, Vivo U10, and Xiaomi Redmi 7, all of which come with great processors and GPUs.
Now get your hands on the best gaming phone in the market by using the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card, which lets you pay for the product in easy EMIs. It comes with a pre-approved limit of up to Rs. 4 lakh, making it the ideal instrument for purchasing your favorite gadgets and appliances.