Buying a car is an important decision. Not only do the features, looks, and color matter – but for the everyday user, fuel consumption, performance, and the engine also matter very much. It is not always possible to shell out money for the latest and brand-new model.
So you will have to resort to used cars for sale in NZ if you don’t have the required budget. Therefore, it is better to consider the most popular business concern for importing pre-utilized vehicles into New Zealand.
Some of the choices of cars
The demand for Japanese Used Cars for Sale in NZ is healthy – dealers sold about 154,482 used cars even in 2019, when the trade situation was the worst in a decade. Here are some of the available favorite options for used cars:
- Volkswagen Golf (Hatchback)
Introduced in 1974, the Volkswagen Golf hatchback is an all-wheel / front-wheel-drive compact car with three or five-door. It is one of the most common hatchbacks for personal or relaxation commitments- because of its dependability, sensibleness, engine performance, and fuel efficacy.
It has typical features, including automatic post-collision arrangement, alternative city braking system, adaptive cruise control, electronic equilibrium program, and start-stop engine system. It comes in either a 1.4-liter TSI four-cylinder engine with 140 PS (103 kW) power and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) torque or a 1.6L TDI four-cylinder with 105 PS (77 kW), 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) engine.
- Audi A4 (Sedan)
This car is fitted with a 1.8L TFSI four-cylinder engine providing 160 PS (118 kW) of power and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque, although 2 liter and 3.2-liter variants are also available. The engines are equipped with either six-speed manual or eight-speed Multitronic CVT transmissions. It provides the standard features – automatic handbrakes, driver and passenger airbags, speed-sensitive power steering, Lane and side assist, and adaptive cruise control.
- Volkswagen Polo (Hatchback)
The standard structures of this car include =adaptive cruise control, steering tilt and telescopic steering function, hill hold control, electronic stability control, centralized door locks, power windows, and satellite navigation. It sports a 1.2L or 1.4L BlueGT turbo engine combined with a five or six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG transmission.
Getting used cars from auctions or dealers – important info
The ablest company of used cars is experienced in obtaining orders from the most dependable dealers in Japan or auto auctions. These avenues are good sources – car dealers have ready-to-use cars, whereas you can get unique cars in the auction according to your budget. However, you should know some facts to save yourself from a sudden surprise:
- Sellers will patch up minor difficulties of the car (dirt removal, minor repair) before transporting it. Furthermore, stocked cars are kept in ready-to-ship form.
- Auctioned cars are professionally checked before the bidding – and the most experienced company will have access to more than 15000 cars weekly.
- Auction prices are final – so you may have to pay a different amount than the car is usually priced. There are usually no excess charges.
- For the dealer stock cars, you do not need to pay export taxes. Although, you can bargain with the most accommodating used car Importer Company for the final car price.
- As the car dealer has put effort and money to make the used car sale-worthy, an auction-bought car will cost less than a dealer stock car.
So, if you are thinking about buying used cars for sale in NZ, you would be prepared for any price change.